RECHARGEABLE LITHIUM ION BATTERIES
The camera is powered by Sony's rechargeable "InfoLITHIUM" batteries.
To connect the battery to the camera - lift up the viewfinder and insert
the battery in the direction of the arrow until it locks into place. To
remove the battery from the camera - press the BATT RELEASE button.
These Lithium Ion batteries can be "topped up" when ever you
like. To charge one battery at a time…Put the battery on the camera, plug
the AC adapter into the back of the camera and turn the power switch to
OFF (CHG). The display window will indicate how much charge the battery
As part of your kit you should have at least three 3 hours worth
of battery time. For operational reasons you may find it is a good investment
to buy a separate battery charger - to enable you to charge all your batteries
RECHARGING TIME and BATTERY LIFE
30 mins of typical use
25 mins if using the LCD screen
150mins (full charge)
265 mins of typical use
235 mins if using the LCD screen
420mins (full charge)
ALTERNATIVE METHODS OF POWERING THE CAMERA:
- You can use the AC power adapter and power the camera from the mains.
However this will restrict you to shooting indoors!
- You can power the camera from a car cigarette lighter socket using
a special adapter (not supplied) but again this does restrict your shooting
TAKING CARE OF YOUR BATTERIES
- Batteries work best between 0°C and +40°C so try to keep them in a warm
place when working in cold conditions.
- Keep batteries away from intense heat (+ 60° C).
- Protect from vibration, do not drop them.
- Do not immerse in water, expose them to heavy rain, steam or high humidity.
If they do get wet remove any excess water and allow to dry naturally.
- Label your batteries A, B, C (etc) and use them in strict rotation. This
way they will all get equal use (and abuse).
- Do not put batteries in a pocket or bag with your keys, coins or any other
metal objects. Keys touching the metal contacts of the battery can get hot
and you may set your pants on fire!
Back to the top.